Saturday, April 28, 2007

I interviewed for another permanent part-time position at the library's downtown branch. Got word yesterday that I didn't get it. On the other hand, I felt a lot better going into this one than previously. I think I'm improving quite a bit with each succesive interview, so it's only a matter of time before I get some regular position somewhere. After all, I've been doing the auxiliary clerk thing for less that a year at this point. (This is me trying to remain positive about the whole thing. I figure that if I fret too much about not getting a particular position, it'll put me off my game when the next one rolls around. Gotta keep the "Little Clerk That Could" mentality.)

On my way into work yesterday, I walked past a guy who resembled a puffy, slovenly, declining-years Joe Don Baker. So, really, Joe Don Baker at any given point in his adult life.

"Go ahead on."

No comments: