Tuesday, February 27, 2007

To quote Boris Badenov: "Allow me to introduce myself!" (You know, the accent really doesn't come across in print...)

Hi, I'm Doug. Doug Scott. On the internet, I usually go by Doug A Scott (A for Arthur) because it makes my name at least a tiny bit less... dull. If you have a look around my homepage, you'll be able to tell that I'm something of a geek. I'm into all the nerdy things. Science fiction and fantasy (in all media formats: film, TV, books), comic books, video games. I've got a pop culture reference for most situations. (You don't think so? "I find your lack of faith disturbing.")

I currently live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Which means I'm on an island in the Pacific. No polar bears or smoke monsters, though. I'm a library clerk, married to another library clerk, the lovely Lynn. We've been together a little more than 15 glorious years now.

I'm nearly 40 years old and, despite my current profession, still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. Well, that's not entirely true. I'm interested in voice acting. I'm hoping to get back into exploring the field again soon, after a break for a couple of years due to some major dental surgery. I suppose one goal of this blog is to chronicle my attempts to make something of this. I'm hoping for a bit of a feedback loop where I do something interesting so that I can put it in my blog. Then, after putting something in the blog, I'll need to follow it up. ... "The theory is sound." (Egon Spengler)

I think that's enough autobiographical nuggets for the time being. We'll see if more follow.

No comments: