Sunday, March 4, 2007

So, I met with Mark Hellman for lunch on Friday and talked about where I want to go with the whole voice work thing. Wish to God I knew.

We did chat about the whole podcast phenomenon and I might do something with that. I really think I'm going to have to do a little "basic training" with him for a while first, though. I need a little help getting over constantly clenching my teeth. My jaw's like a rock. I must remember to send him links to Decoder Ring Theatre and Doctor Floyd, though, to give him a little idea of the kinds of podcast I'm enjoying.

In other news...

Last night, we actually had company over. Annie from the AmazonRPG mailing list was over from the mainland with her boyfriend Bryant, who I got to meet for the first time. Damn, these people are insane. And I mean that in the best way possible. Bryant has a number of "characters" that he likes to break out to confuse and embarrass those around him and he and Annie regaled us with tales of those characters' adventures. Lynn and I are considering cultivating our own to use, especially if we ever decide to go on a cruise. We're thinking undercover hitman and his helper/assistant/apprentice. "So, what do you do for a living?" "I'm not at liberty to discuss that." "Ha! Funny! So, seriously." "I'm not at liberty to discuss that." I don't think I could keep a straight face, though. God knows neither of us could stop laughing last night.

No comments: